Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesdays Child -- Hilda A. E. & Edith L.V. Stanley

Hilda A. E. Stanley
1892-1895
Edith L.V. Stanley
1907-1909

These are my 2xGreat-Aunts.  They were the daughters of Arthur Richard & B.Christina Stanley.
While I don't know how Hilda died, this is one of my many research "To-Do's" for this family
, I do know Edith died from a ruptured appendicitis at the age of 2.

I'm always surprised to learn how often history repeats it's self.  This is one of those cases. 
My aunt, at the age of 2, also nearly died from a ruptured appendicitis in 1966.
Thanks to advances in the medical field, my aunt survived.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter and I have been wondering through a cemetery near our home. We found a child's grave and have been trying to uncover the mystery. This is fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete