Thursday, March 31, 2011

Genealogy Collaboration

When I began my research 20+ years ago, I was the only one in my family that had any interest in researching our ancestors.

Over the years I have been contacted by numerous distant cousins and I myself have contacted distant cousins on varies lines, and without fail, I always have the most information.

Because I am very diligent in checking sources and I want copies of EVERYTHING I find, I am always happy to share what information and documents I have gathered.

I feel genealogy research should be a collaborative effort, why would I not share??  I have run across some researches who don't share their information and I think that is just plain silly.  It makes no sense to me.  If you have information someone else needs, why withhold that information?

Surnames Researched:
Green, Jenkins, Bestor, Stanley, Meyrick, Bolton, Lloyd, Hardman, Hostetler, Nilsdotter, Cyrier, Savoie, Chartier, Hubbard, Jewell, Massara, Comerford, Cunningham, Guiton, Kelly

Ancestral Locations:
Kankakee, Illinois
Boston, Massachusetts
Baltimore, Maryland
Fulton, Pennsylvania
Hardman, Oregon
Dayton, Washington
Montreal, Canada
Ludlow, England
Crickhowell, Wales
Onslunda, Sweden
Kilkinney, Ireland
Tipperary, Ireland
New York

No comments:

Post a Comment