Thursday, March 31, 2011

Genealogy Collaboration

When I began my research 20+ years ago, I was the only one in my family that had any interest in researching our ancestors.

Over the years I have been contacted by numerous distant cousins and I myself have contacted distant cousins on varies lines, and without fail, I always have the most information.

Because I am very diligent in checking sources and I want copies of EVERYTHING I find, I am always happy to share what information and documents I have gathered.

I feel genealogy research should be a collaborative effort, why would I not share??  I have run across some researches who don't share their information and I think that is just plain silly.  It makes no sense to me.  If you have information someone else needs, why withhold that information?

Surnames Researched:
Green, Jenkins, Bestor, Stanley, Meyrick, Bolton, Lloyd, Hardman, Hostetler, Nilsdotter, Cyrier, Savoie, Chartier, Hubbard, Jewell, Massara, Comerford, Cunningham, Guiton, Kelly

Ancestral Locations:
Kankakee, Illinois
Boston, Massachusetts
Baltimore, Maryland
Fulton, Pennsylvania
Hardman, Oregon
Dayton, Washington
Montreal, Canada
Ludlow, England
Crickhowell, Wales
Onslunda, Sweden
Kilkinney, Ireland
Tipperary, Ireland
Italy
Connecticut
California
New York
Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment